Bathroom Renovation Checklist
We have compiled a breakdown of what work is actually carried out when we undertake your bathroom renovation. You should be looking at the others and comparing our bathroom renovation checklist with theirs to compare apples with apples
The following trades/items ” if required” are being supplied and co-ordinated by us:
- Demolition and Floor Grinding
- Asbestos removal
- Fit Off Carpentry
- Rubbish removal from site
- Cleaning of bathroom
The following items may or may not be included:
- Tiles and delivery, all PC items (fixtures and fittings) which may include vanities, toilets, baths, shower screens, light fittings, tap ware spouts accessories and all other item’s
- Remove and dispose of existing wall tiles, floor tiles and bedding, and fixtures in bathroom.
- Strip back existing wall sheeting back to the original frame in bathroom only where required.
- Remove and dispose of all fixtures and fittings.
- If found to be asbestos sheeting after testing, we will remove and dispose of existing Asbestos wall and ceiling sheeting to bathroom in line with WH&S Guidelines. It is recommended that when this strip out is being done that no one is at home.
- Repairs termite damage to walls and ceiling if part of contract.
- Make good existing exposed studs in walls and plane/pack straight (+/-6mm) where possible in bathroom.
- Build wall niche if part of contract.
- Re-instate new architraves as required (closest stock match to existing)..
- Disconnection of existing plumbing to bathroom.
- Water rough in includes.
- Re-use all existing water pipes and combinations in existing location.
- Drainage rough in where required
- Re connection of 1 x toilet (similar style); 1 x shower; 1 x vanity and all tap ware, and spouts as listed.
- Install tile wastes to all drains in bathroom (s).
- A new tempering valve is not included in this quote (and we would need to check if you have one).
- Disconnection of existing services as required in bathroom.
- Connection to a lights/power points if nominated in your quotation.
- Supply of 1 x wall light switches and power points if nominated are included.
- Note – does not include any additional power circuits, isolation switches, safety switches, switchboard upgrades or anything not mentioned. If they are required an additional charge may apply and will be billed directly to customer by the electrician.
- Re-sheet walls with new villa board (only where required) all fixed to manufacturers specifications.
- Re-sheet bathroom ceilings with new plasterboard all fixed to manufacturers specifications.
- To waterproof all wet areas in the bathroom in line with current building regulations.
- Supply and install hob to shower entry or bath where required.
- Your waterproofing will come with a written guarantee from our fully accredited and licensed with the QBCC registered installation company that does all our waterproofing work.
- Note – Waterproofing should only be done by accredited installers and for your protection must have a written guarantee/warranty.
- Direct stick tiles to cement bedding.
- Install cement tile bed to entire floor in bathroom (except under bath if included).
- To lay owner supplied floor tiles in bathroom.
- To lay owner supplied wall tiles in bathroom (to 2.1m in wet areas and as skirting and one row as splash back to all other areas).
- This quote is based on all tiles being supplied by owner to all walls and floors.
- Glue and grout is supplied by tiler in industry standard white or light grey. Non-standard or colour match colours must be supplied by owner.
- Laying of feature tiles is not included.
- We can quote and include feature tiles or strips for you; we just need to know which type they are as they all have different installation per linear meter laying rates.
- Rectified edge tiles, mosaics, pebbles, marble, limestone, natural or man-made stone tiles, tiles smaller than 200 mm x 200 mm or larger than 600 mm x 600 mm will have a higher installation laying rates than those quoted. Sealing of tiles is not included.
- Brisbane Bathroom Bliss supply and install chrome tile trims as standard only to edges of tiles in alcoves and bath and shower hobs only. Tiled in windows are also done only when included in the quote, this gives you a far superior quality finish.
Fit off Carpentry:
- Allowance to fit off accessories only as listed and included in quote.
- Could possibly include 1 x hand towel rail;1 x shaving cabinet (in wall);1 x towel rail (double);1 x wall hung vanity.
- Could also be included in this proposal, please check your allowances. Minor repairs are the responsibly of the painter under taking the works, should a plaster be required a quote will be given before any works carried out by BBB
- On Completion your new bathroom our professional cleaners will thoroughly clean your bathroom so it is ready for you to just move in and enjoy. No untidy mess to clean up when we are done.
- Includes QBCC home warranty insurance.
- Include supply and delivery of all building materials supplied by BBB
- Includes trade co-ordination and project management of the above.
- Allowance for one skip bin included per renovation for the waste removal by BBB (Not to be used by Others)
- All fixtures and fittings listed as included and labour included.